« Home | A motley » | Dinner at my place - 7 pm sharp » | Shy damsel amongst bougenvalia fronds » | Spoilt for choice » | Tension amidst tension » | Close encounters and Live 8 » | Raising an empty toast » | ...and along came a spider... » | As shallow as a petri dish » | The wicked witch of the north! » 

Saturday, August 13, 2005 

Lalbagh in full bloom

Visited the Lal Bagh botanical gardens today. A special flower show at the green house is on currently to commemorate Independence day. Sadly the show itself was bit of a damp squib, but some of the other blooms in the pretty vast expanses of the garden were quite eye catching, and came up well in the snaps. Nature has some really amazing colours in her make up kit!


Star flower



This snap came out so well that I had to do absolutely no post processing to up it's appearance.


Dad I have already had my bath for the day!



Both adults and teens alike were 'chilling' out at this fountain in the gardens. This exuberant dad seems to want to share his feelings with his poor kid.


The lover's bench



Looks like a well known politician seems to have started scratching his name into the top row of this bench!

The last 2 snaps were really good... do I see ur name on that bench.. lol..

The picture of the flower is so good that I had to use it as a wallpaper :) The lalbagh show was wonderful.

Phani - Thanks! not my name though :)

Silverline - It's an honour :). Visited your blog, and am planning to get hold of the onions in stew book you mentioned.

The star flower is a very good shot! Like the composition in the second one very much but again suffers from low contrast. The third one is a very nice one. Just one suggestion there - you could have avoided the cropping of the bench on the right.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The elderly camel
  • From India

My profile
Email me


My Flickr account
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Siddhartha_N. Make your own badge here.


I also write at: Desicritics
Creative Commons License

All images and text in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Reproduction in any form (original or processed) without prior consent of the author is a violation of this copyright.

© 2005 - The Elderly Camel