« Home | Dinner at my place - 7 pm sharp » | Shy damsel amongst bougenvalia fronds » | Spoilt for choice » | Tension amidst tension » | Close encounters and Live 8 » | Raising an empty toast » | ...and along came a spider... » | As shallow as a petri dish » | The wicked witch of the north! » | The GIANT peanut tree » 

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 

A motley

The following is a bunch of snaps that I took over the past couple of weeks. They have been clubbed together as I guess they don't each merit an individual post.


Are you lonesome tonight?



Rather pretty looking flower this was. At first sight it seems as though some of the petals have been plucked away (maybe as part of Tang's lavish spread for Salman). But I think the space between the flower petals is intentional and symmetrical.


Apartheid no more



See...no legs!



This 'artist' was entertaining the crowd (and making a living out of it as well) by performing a variety of tricks on his simple ‘torn down to basics’ bicycle. I like the look on the face of the dog in the far right corner- it too appears to be spell bound by his antics.

Hi Sidd,

I like the slippers photo - innovative shot. The photo of the man on his cycle is also good, however it could have had a more dramatic effect if you had focussed only on the man and cut off some of the background becasue it becomes too distracting..what do you think ?

TC
Kanch

Hi Kanchana,
Thanks for your comment. A solo freeze on the cyclist would have been good I am sure. I would however hold onto to the current picture because of so many activities going on in it, the people staring at the guy, the dog too, so many bill boards and what not :)

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. My first time at your blog.
The caption "are you lonesome tonight' was as beautiful as the picture.

Like the slipper photo, purely for its innovativeness. The flower's photo could have benefitted from a 1/3 rule framing and a little bit of levelling in PS. Also, the petals look a little bit washed out - again some correction could have been applied. I tend to agree to an extent about you bringing lot of elements into the third shot but it is distracting from the main theme. The user's attention is diverted to several points and does not leave a lasting impact.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The elderly camel
  • From India

My profile
Email me


My Flickr account
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Siddhartha_N. Make your own badge here.


I also write at: Desicritics
Creative Commons License

All images and text in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Reproduction in any form (original or processed) without prior consent of the author is a violation of this copyright.

© 2005 - The Elderly Camel