« Home | Spoilt for choice » | Tension amidst tension » | Close encounters and Live 8 » | Raising an empty toast » | ...and along came a spider... » | As shallow as a petri dish » | The wicked witch of the north! » | The GIANT peanut tree » | Baby you can't drive my car » | And registered your flat shall be » 

Friday, July 15, 2005 

Shy damsel amongst bougenvalia fronds





Took a series of snaps of this very timid and cute looking girl last weekend. She was playing all by herself with the plants and rocks in the same ground in which I had earlier taken the picture of the football playing kids. It was a bit tough to photograph her as I did not want to do it without her permission. So I asked a localite who was relaxing in the park to ask her so in Kanadda. That proved to be a blunder as he instantly became suspicious of my intent and asked what will people think if they saw me snapping. Finally after much consoling and explaining from my side, he tried to get the message across to her but she coyly slunk away. I then had to stand from quite a distance and surreptitiously shoot her. In one series of photos, I set the camera on a high burst mode and got a set of shots where she slowly looks up from behind the branch and becomes aware of the lens focussed on her.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

sid at his persuasive best!

never inform the kids that you are taking their picture.. is the best way to capture them.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The elderly camel
  • From India

My profile
Email me


My Flickr account
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Siddhartha_N. Make your own badge here.


I also write at: Desicritics
Creative Commons License

All images and text in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Reproduction in any form (original or processed) without prior consent of the author is a violation of this copyright.

© 2005 - The Elderly Camel