« Home | Dainty legs on display » | Unused » | Utilizing Solar energy efficiently » | ...and pink is the colour of heaven » | O' Piya piya... » | Stand at ease... » | On the trail of the red velvety mite » | At the lord's feet » | The force of the bhel* » | The Pied Piper » 

Sunday, October 16, 2005 

Fresh


This snap of the tiny fruits (must be about a cm in diameter each) on a branch was taken after a fleeting monsoon shower. The water drop in the centre looks quite captivating. In fact on enlarging the snap and turning it around by 180 degrees, I could view my reflection in the drop, seen while taking the snap!

I have reduced noise in this image with a tool called Neat Image that Suyog suggested to me. I think the tool works wonders! It makes the image look clean, freshly washed out, and also gives it a somewhat ethereal look. I used it to fix up a previously posted image , and it sure does work! Quite unfortunately, since I only have a demo version of the software, it removes the exif data from the image, something that I personally find useful when checking out a great snap. Good things are never for free?

Jhead transfers exif headers between images. So if you keep a copy of original image (with exif intact), you can later transfer the same to the processed one.

Many thanks for the tip buddy!
I'm loving it!

Kousik, thanks for the tip.

Very nice snap Sidd!

- Kanchana

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The elderly camel
  • From India

My profile
Email me


My Flickr account
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Siddhartha_N. Make your own badge here.


I also write at: Desicritics
Creative Commons License

All images and text in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Reproduction in any form (original or processed) without prior consent of the author is a violation of this copyright.

© 2005 - The Elderly Camel